Monday 27 August 2012

Back Home

Hey everyone! As I have already eaten McDonald's, drove my car, washed clothes in a washing machine, and brushed my teeth with tap water, I am officially back in America. This will sadly be my last post.

Again, I am just so thankful for the whole experience that I have had in Africa. People here at school have already asked me about it and I'm amazed at how big of an experience it was every time that I talk about it or explain what I did over there. It's still a little hard for me to grasp the fact that I am not going to wake up tomorrow in Africa and be able to do this again. I really would like to go back again someday, hopefully when I have more knowledge and can actually help a lot more people. I have always known that I wanted to do things like this when I finally become a doctor, and this really strengthened that conviction. One person who actually cares over there can make a world of difference.

Looking back at the trip, there are so many things that I wish that I could have done. I wish I could have spent more time at the orphanage with the kids especially. However, I do realize that there is never a way to do everything because there is always more to do in cases like this. I'm very happy with how much experience in the health care field I received over there and how much life experience I gained. I feel like I'm not just a sheltered South Dakota kid anymore, that I actually have some life skills under my belt.

I'm working on getting all of my pictures onto my computer and then onto facebook, so be patient! I'll try and get them up by tomorrow.

Thank you to everyone for your love, prayers, and support for the last 3 weeks. I really couldn't have done this without the people helping me.

No comments:

Post a Comment