Sunday 12 August 2012

Sunday Funday

It was another lazy day today. We spent the first part of the afternoon at the beach. We were much more careful not to get scammed this time. I tried to get some videos of the beach and the guys who were wind-boarding. We can’t do anything here without someone trying to get money out of us. I’ll be so thankful to be back in the States where that doesn’t happen. Today was Mia’s last day, so that was really sad. It made me really homesick to see her packing everything up. I miss everyone back home a lot! I’m also not ashamed to say that I miss the modern conveniences of home. It’ll be nice to be able to take a warm shower again (the choices here are either scalding your skin off or ice cold). I also miss really random things, like Subway and driving and not getting honked or stared at. I’ve adjusted to things here, but that doesn’t mean I have to love the way things are. It also makes me sad to see Mia leave, first of all because we’ll miss her and second of all because that means that we only have two weeks left. It’s crazy how fast the first week has gone! Then we only have 3 days this week and our safari and then it’s the final week. I can’t wrap my mind around that.

Tomorrow we have the choice to go to either the orphanage or the hospital. I’m not sure which I’ll go to, but then the groups will switch for Tuesday.  We’ll also give swimming lessons to some children from the orphanage on Tuesday at the pool here on the compound.

No comments:

Post a Comment